Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wreath Update

If you've followed my sporadic postings over the last couple years you may have noticed a recurring trend of my family and I moving frequently.  Well that time has come again and we have moved away from our little piece of paradise outside of Yelm.  We are preparing for my husbands upcoming deployment by moving closer to family.  This move and deployment have me reflecting on life, people we have met, relationships that have developed and what home means to me.  So while this may be just another wreath, to me this was an absolutely therapeutic piece of crafting with so much meaning behind it.  I am so thankful for all of our adventures we have had and the many more adventures which are to come, the awesome people we have met on the way, the friendships we have built, and today I am really thankful for us being together as a family.  

Thanks for bearing with me through all my cheese on this post, and enjoy the wreath, which is an updated version of this wreath! :)

 











8 comments:

Kim said...

Thinking of you during yet another move... and the reason behind it.

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

I love the idea of painting the wreath. Really pretty!

Kristen said...

Did you make the flowers on this one?

Stacey said...

Yes I did. :) they are rolled flowers made using brown burlap.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember what brand/color spray paint you used to make this??

Stacey said...

I used Krylon Ocean Breeze- my favorite color by far!

Anonymous said...

How did you get the monogram to hang in the center?

Abby @ Belle and Beau Antiquarian said...

Hi there! We LOVED this wreath and you inspired us to make one of our own. We've linked up to this post in our blog today. Please check it out if you have a chance: http://belleandbeauantiquarian.blogspot.com/2013/01/circle-of-love-okay-wreath.html